So, I wanted to share with you a new recipe from my latest Instagram pic since they turned out so delicious (and nutritious).
In addition to trying to break my Starbucks addiction, the hubby and I have been looking for more healthy “grab and go” breakfast ideas since he is always in a rush to get out the door in the morning. This turned out to be one of the best so far!
- About 48 oz. (1.5 cartons) Real Egg Whites
- 1, 16 oz. package Jennie-O Ground Turkey Sausage
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- About 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 24 Angle Sweet Tomatoes (or other grape/cherry tomatoes)
- Tony Chachere Seasoning
- Cooking Spray
Yields 2 dozen.
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 350F
- Prepare 2 muffin pans by spraying liberally with cooking spray
- Prepare spinach by squeezing out extra moisture by placing in cheese cloth and wringing
- Brown the turkey sausage in a heavy skillet
- Pour a small amount of egg whites into muffin cups (about 1/4 full)
- Spoon cooked turkey sausage into muffin cups (evenly disperse among muffin tins)
- Place a small amount of spinach in each muffin cup
- Lightly dust each muffin cup with Tony C’s Seasoning
- Pour more egg white into each cup, leaving about 1/8 of an inch to top of muffin cup
- Add more spinach to each cup
- Top with feta cheese, a tomato sliced into thirds, and more Tony C’s Seasoning
- Bake for 30 minutes or until fully set
When you bake these, they will puff up like popovers, but will go down as they cool. Allow to cool completely before flipping pans upside down onto a kitchen towel to remove muffins from the pan.
Keep refrigerated. To reheat, microwave 2 muffins for 1 minute!
Have you tried this recipe or similar??